The Blended Winglet Performance Enhancement System requires only minimal additional maintenance beyond the normal routine maintenance required for Boeing commercial aircraft.
- No impact to existing thresholds
- All new structure designed to original DSO
- Similar inspections intervals and methodology to other wing primary structural elements
- System, zonal and structural inspection requirements fall within baseline maintenance intervals
- On average, Blended Winglets add 39 hours of planned maintenance per six years